Structural alteration, new kitchen and wood burning stove
Benchmarx Kitchen, Solid Dark Oak Worktop
As one of the leading Swansea-based new kitchen installers, our brief was to knock down the wall between a small kitchen and reception room opening out the space. We presented two options with a 3D model allowing Alice to “walk” the space of the both options. The option as seen to the right was selected, the finished design altered as we progressed, but you can still see the starting point in the finished design.
The current combi CH boiler that was originally positioned under the worktop was to be moved. The existing chimney in the reception room was to be opened up and a wood burning stove installed. Alice selected a Dark Oak solid worktop that was as tough as old boots to work with but provided an excellent finish. Alice elected to decorate herself.
The list of tasks is as follows:
- Structural Alteration to open up new space
- Move CH boiler to new location
- Damp-proof the floor, latex level, added Camaro large format tiles
- Feather finish into ceilings in reception room space
- Dot and dab walls, new ceiling, re-plastered in kitchen space
- Block up existing rear door, add new uPVC door in new location.
- New kitchen, plumbing and electrical works and wall tiles
- Open up chimney, install wood burning stove and slate hearth
- Re-insulate poorly installed uPVC windows.